All Foster Kids Just Want To Belong
Life changing opportunities:
- Each year, over 250,000 children enter the U.S. foster care system.
- Over 400,000 are currently wards of the court. Many other displaced children are not accounted for.
- The majority of foster children have at least one chronic medical condition or disability.
- Foster children are prescribed psychotropic meds much more than the average child.
- Foster children experience four times the emotional problems as their peers.
- Foster children average 5 different placements in the span of 3 years.
- Half of the foster children never return to reside with their biological families.
- Foster children repeat a school grade twice as often as other students.
- They score 15-20% below their peers on statewide tests.
- 50% do not graduate from high school and are less likely to attend college.
- 60% have no job experience or proper life skills to succeed when they turn age 18.
- Over 70% become pregnant by age 21.
- Over 25% of foster youth become homeless adults.
- Majority rely on government assistance into adulthood.
- They are more susceptible to substance abuse addictions.
- They are very prone to experience incarceration & victimization.
- 100% experience post traumatic stress.
Help sponsor a needy child so they can play sports, music or learn life skills.
Keep it simple
Go all in!